Justice and Public Safety Career Preparatory Certificate
Start your journey to meet your goal of being a first responder! This program will prepare you for options working in paramedicine, firefighting, corrections, policing and law enforcement. As an applied program offered by the Justice Institute of British Columbia and Native Education College, you will complete courses that lead to a 30-credit post-secondary certificate.
Students will receive a pathway to employment or further education in paramedicine, firefighting, corrections, policing and law enforcement.
- Academic Writing
- Canadian Criminal Justice System
- Employment Strategies and Career Development
- First Nations Studies
- First Responder Provider (Level 3, AED and Spinal)
- Gaming Security Officer Training
- Interpersonal Communications
- Reconciling Colonial Practices
- Restorative Justice
- Experiential Career Preparation
- Trauma Informed Practice in Justice and Public Safety
- Wellness and Self-Care - Level 1
Academic Advisors will determine academic suitability based on assessment.
- Identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- An interest in Justice and Public Safety careers
Program will run September 2018 - August 2019 with classes at both Native Education College in Vancouver and Justice Institute of British Columbia in New Westminster.
Tuition and books 100% covered if accepted into the program.
Last updated January 21, 2019