Justice and Public Safety Career Preparatory Certificate
Start your journey to meet your goal of being a first responder! This program will prepare you for options working in policing and law enforcement, corrections, paramedic, and firefighting positions. As an applied program offered by the Justice Institute of British Columbia and Native Education College, you will complete courses that lead to a 30-credit post-secondary certificate.
Students will receive a pathway to employment or further education in law enforcement, paramedicine, firefighting, and corrections.
- Academic Writing•
- Interpersonal Communications•
- Indigenization•First Responder
- Restorative Justice•Physical Education, Wellness and Self Care
- Canadian Criminal Justice System•
- Trauma Informed Practice in Justice and Public Safety
- Career Practicum
- Employment Strategies and Career Development
- First Nations Studies
- Identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit
- Proof of High School Graduation. Adult Basic Education (ABE) requirements can be met through NEC between April 2018 to July 2018.
- Academic Advisors will determine academic suitability based on assessment
- An interest in Justice and Public Safety careers
Program will run September 2018 - July 2019 with classes at both Native Education College in Vancouver and Justice Institute of British Columbia in New Westminster.
Tuition and books are eligible to be 100% covered if accepted into the program.
Last updated February 19, 2018