The Centre for Aboriginal Programs & Services' courses and programs are designed to address capacity building within Aboriginal communities.
Our faculty and educational offerings reflect Aboriginal worldviews and perspectives. Our programs and courses illustrate the importance of Aboriginal history, culture and tradition by integrating Aboriginal perspectives through curriculum and dialogue.
The Centre for Aboriginal Programs and Services encompasses six areas of service:
- Curriculum development and cultural relevancy in program delivery
- Advising prospective and current Aboriginal students
- Consulting internally with JIBC academies and divisions on Aboriginal training needs, political matters, socio-economic conditions, Aboriginal diversity and contemporary issues facing Aboriginal peoples
- Facilitating the relationship between the Institute and the Aboriginal community
- Enhancing the cultural awareness of faculty and staff at JIBC
- Working closely with the Aboriginal Education Advisory Council and senior management on indigenization.
Last updated October 3, 2014