Teaching Conflict Resolution to Youth
Provide your students with practical conflict resolution skills and concepts that they can use right away!
This classroom-ready resource is a highly successful model that provides youth with effective and practical tools in collaborative conflict resolution. Through this program they learn and integrate skills that make a positive difference in their lives and in the lives of their families, schools and communities.
Based on the internationally recognized JIBC Conflict Resolution Certificate offered by the Centre for Conflict Resolution, the Conflict Resolution for Youth Series was developed in conjunction with teachers from the New Westminster School District. This comprehensive, culturally inclusive resource is designed for students in Grades 8 to 12.
There are two modules:
- Module 1: Fundamentals of Conflict Resolution
- Module 2: Dealing with Anger
Note: both Module 1 and Module 2 student and teacher manuals are currently under review and not available for purchase at this time. Please check back in Summer 2016.
Each module has a student manual and a comprehensive teacher's guide to assist in course delivery and teaching methods.
The student manual includes ($20):
- extensive exercises
- discussion notes
- examples, and
- thoughts to ponder
The teacher's guide features ($95):
- Scope and sequence - learning objectives for each segment of the module, and corresponding time estimates
- Lesson plan overviews - complete with suggested activities, time estimates and required resources
- Activity plans - detailed instructions on conducting learning activities, suggested debrief questions and a list of content points
- Assessment instruments
- Bibliography and additional resource list
Last updated May 30, 2016