Courses are designed for counsellors and other professionals working with clients and interested in building and refining counselling skills.
Courses open for general enrolment:
- Indigenous Trauma-Informed Practice (TiP) with Youth (COUN-1032)
- Indigenous Trauma Informed Practice with Youth: Assessment (COUN-1035)
- Clinical Supervision: Innovative Practices 1 (COUN-1012)
- Clinical Supervision: Innovative Practices 2 (COUN-1034)
- Motivational Interviewing in Practice 2 (COUN-1025)
- Introduction to Art Therapy for Counsellors & Therapists (COUN-1017)
- An Introduction to the DSM-5 (COUN-1015)
Courses vary in length from one to three days, and flexible course schedules allow you to take individual courses at your own pace to fit your schedule and budget.
There is no application process – register for courses as you choose, so long as you meet any prerequisite requirements.
See Programs for more course listings
Innovative Strategies for K-12 Teachers
Although the courses have been developed specifically for the Commissioner for Teacher Regulation and deal with topics of interest to most teachers, they are available as part of the general course offerings at JIBC and are open to the public. Learn more about Innovative Strategies for K-12 Teachers.
Last updated April 4, 2017