Associate Certificate in Training and Facilitation
This 11 day/5.5 credit hands-on certificate program offers both new and experienced trainers and facilitators comprehensive knowledge, skills and experience in adult education practice and theory.
*Important Announcement: JIBC Associate Certificate in Training and Facilitation is being updated September 1, 2018. In response to student feedback, this credential will increase from four required courses to five effective September 1, 2018. This change has been made to provide a better balance between training and facilitation content and more options to personalize your learning path. Students need to enroll by August 31, 2018, if they want to complete the four-course program. For more information on this change, see here.
It is designed for mid-career professionals new to training and facilitation, developers and designers of learning material, and trainers looking to enhance and update their skills in learner-centered practices.
By the end of this certificate, you will be able to:
- Design effective learner-centered training grounded in principles of adult learning.
- Select and apply appropriate evidence-based training techniques.
- Facilitate learning events that engage participants and maximize learning outcomes.
- Create an encouraging and challenging learning environment that promotes respect and values inclusion.
- Provide formative feedback to participants that is practical and translates into improved performance.
- Identify evaluation techniques to assess learning and measure organizational value of training.
- Apply training and facilitation theory and skills in relevant, real-life scenarios.
- Reflect critically on personal and professional development as a trainer and facilitator.
- The certificate program is 11 days of training (5.5 credits)
- Training is face-to-face
- Courses can be taken individually or as part of the certificate.
- There is continuous intake into this certificate program.
- Required courses are scheduled several times throughout the year.
- Full attendance is required.
- It is recommended that learners complete the program within two years.
Select a course code below to read syllabus and register online.
|Tools and Activities for Trainers||INDC-1211||1.5||3|
|Training and Facilitation Capstone||INDC-1590||1.5||3|
Certificate Enrolment Fee: $75
Cost for the program is approximately $2400 plus LSF (costs vary based on course locations).
Books & Supplies: Course manuals are supplied when you attend class, and if purchase of books or other materials are required you will be advised of the details when you register.
The courses and certificate are open to anyone. There are no formal requirements for admission.
Register to a class
To check individual course availability, select one the course codes above and follow the instructions on the course listing.
Enroll in the program
Justice Institute of BC
715 McBride Boulevard, New Westminster, BC V3L 5T4
to Student Services at 604.528.5653
Contact Centre for Leadership staff with any questions:
Jennifer Jasper, Program Manager 604.528.5633
Deanna Heggie, Program Planner 604.528.5614
Credit Equivalency with Instructional Skills Workshop (ISW)
|INDC-1110 Essential Skills for Training and Facilitation||Instructional Skills Workshop (ISW)|
Credit Equivalency with Vancouver Community College
|Associate Certificate in Training and Facilitation||Provincial Instructor Diploma Program|
INDC-1110 Essential Skills for Training and Facilitation
|PIDP 3220: Delivery of Instruction|
|INDC-1211 Tools and Activities for Trainers|
INDC-1377 Facilitation Fundamentals
|PIDP: 3250 Instructional Strategies|
INDC-1590 Training and Facilitation Capstone
|PIDP 3270: Capstone Project|
Last updated May 4, 2018