Associate Certificate in Training and Facilitation - Revised September 1, 2018
This 13 day/7 credit hands-on certificate program offers both new and experienced trainers and facilitators comprehensive knowledge, skills and experience in adult education practice, and facilitative techniques for groups and communities.
*Important Note: JIBC Associate Certificate in Training and Facilitation was updated September 1, 2018. In response to student feedback, this change has been made to provide a better balance between training and facilitation content and more options to personalize the learning path. For more information on this change, see here.
It is designed for mid-career professionals new to training and facilitation, program designers, meeting facilitators, and those looking to enhance and update their skills.
By the end of this certificate, you will be able to:
- Design effective learner-centered training grounded in principles of adult learning.
- Select and apply appropriate evidence-based training and facilitation techniques.
- Demonstrate a variety of facilitative behaviours to address individual and group conflict dynamics.
- Define success criteria for facilitation and training initiatives and align processes to achieve those criteria.
- Facilitate events that engage participants to achieve outcomes that are inclusive, collaborative and outcome-focused.
- Create an encouraging and challenging environment that promotes respect and values inclusion.
- Provide formative feedback to participants that is practical and translates into improved performance.
- Apply training and facilitation theory and skills in relevant, real-life scenarios.
- Demonstrate enhanced self-awareness regarding one’s own internal emotional state and the impact of the trainer’s/facilitator’s communication on the facilitation process.
- Reflect critically on personal and professional development as a trainer and facilitator.
- The certificate program is 13 days of training (7 credits)
- Training is face-to-face as well as a mail-in assessment to complete the credential.
- Courses can be taken individually or as part of the certificate.
- There is continuous intake into this certificate program.
- Required courses are scheduled several times throughout the year.
- Full attendance is required.
- It is recommended that learners complete the program within two years.
Select a course code below to read syllabus and register online.
|Required Courses (4 Credits)|
|Training and Facilitation Capstone (+ written assesment)||INDC-1591||1.5||2|
Elective Courses (Choose 2 of 3- 3 Credits Total)
|Tools & Activities for Trainers||INDC-1211||1.5||3|
|Designing Consultation & Engagement Processes||INDC-1302||1.5||3|
Course dates are available for download below. Courses can be taken individually if you have required pre-requisites, or as part of this credential.
Associate Certificate in Training and Facilitation
Certificate Enrolment Fee: $75
Cost for the program is approximately $3000 plus LSF (costs may change slightly).
Books & Supplies: Course manuals are supplied when you attend class, and if purchase of books or other materials are required you will be advised of the details when you register.
The courses and certificate are open to anyone. There are no formal requirements for admission.
Register to a class
To check individual course availability, select one the course codes above and follow the instructions on the course listing.
Enroll in the program
Justice Institute of BC
715 McBride Boulevard, New Westminster, BC V3L 5T4
to Student Services at 604.528.5653
Contact Centre for Leadership staff with any questions:
Jennifer Jasper, Program Manager 604.528.5633
Credit Equivalency with Instructional Skills Workshop (ISW)
|INDC-1110 Essential Skills for Training and Facilitation||Instructional Skills Workshop (ISW)|
Credit Equivalency with Vancouver Community College
|Associate Certificate in Training and Facilitation||Provincial Instructor Diploma Program|
INDC-1110 Essential Skills for Training and Facilitation
|PIDP 3220: Delivery of Instruction|
|INDC-1211 Tools and Activities for Trainers|
INDC-1377 Facilitation Fundamentals
|PIDP: 3250 Instructional Strategies|
INDC-1591 Training and Facilitation Capstone
|PIDP 3270: Capstone Project|
Last updated September 20, 2018