Five Reasons to Get Your Emergency Management Certificate
Good for You. Good for Your Career
Have you taken a few emergency management courses, but aren’t sure if you need to get the full Emergency Management Certificate? Are you working in public safety, but don’t yet have that credential behind your name? Whether you’re looking to upgrade your skills, or get started on a new career, here are five good reasons to add that JIBC Emergency Management Certificate credential to your name:
- Enter the Exciting Field of Emergency Management: If you’re new to the field of public safety, an Emergency Management Certificate is one of the easiest ways to qualify for your first position. With only 15 credits, including a final project, you can easily fit it into your busy schedule.
- Improve Your Job Prospects: More and more employers are seeking people with emergency management credentials. Whether you’re just starting out, or building your career into higher level or specialist positions, with an Emergency Management Certificate, you’ll have a leg up on the competition.
- Get a Credential Employers Respect: When you get an Emergency Management Certificate from JIBC, you are gaining a credential from a public post-secondary institution recognized by employers across Canada and internationally for excellence in public safety education. In fact, many employers are now asking for the JIBC Emergency Management Certificate by name.
- Customize the Focus of Your Certificate: The Emergency Management Certificate is a flexible program. You can pick and choose from several electives that focus on specific areas of emergency management, such as Business Continuity Management, Emergency Operations Centres, and the Incident Command System.
- Get a Practical Education with Real-World Application. Learn from experienced practitioners with hands-on experience in the field. Participate in activities and scenarios that will directly apply to the work place.
While there are many great reasons to get your Emergency Management Certificate, in the end it’s nice just to be rewarded for your efforts. If you’re like many public safety professionals, you’ve already taken several courses in our program through your workplace – and you likely only have a couple more courses to go. So why not complete the program and get that credential as a reward for all your hard work?
The JIBC Emergency Management Certificate is a 15 credit program that can be completed part-time at your own pace through a combination of online and in-class courses. To find out more, visit the Emergency Management Certificate web page.
About the JIBC Emergency Management Division
The JIBC Emergency Management Division has been educating emergency management, disaster planning, security, and business continuity leaders in Canada and internationally for more than 20 years. We offer academic programs and applied training in the areas of emergency management and security. The Justice Institute of British Columbia (JIBC) is an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution focused on studies in public safety and justice. The Emergency Management Division is part of the School of Public Safety and Security.
Last updated October 3, 2014