Government and Corporate
Train your team with our contract and customized courses delivered online or on-site at your location.
Are you looking to build an effective emergency management team?
For more than 20 years, the JIBC has provided on-site and online training for government agencies, local communities and private organizations across Canada and internationally. Whether you're looking to train your team in basic emergency management concepts, advanced Incident Command System (ICS/IMS), Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), or Exercise Design topics, the JIBC has an applied course or service for you:
- Emergency Operations Centre
- Incident Command System
- Exercise Design Training and Services
- Search and Rescue
- Emergency Social Services
- Business Continuity
The Emergency Management Division is able to provide customized and site-specific courses along with exercise design and management services to any organization at your location - whether you're in Ontario, British Columbia, or any location across Canada or internationally. Here are a few reasons to consider JIBC applied training for your organization:
- Customized training from a Canadian public post-secondary institution specifically focused on justice and public safety studies
- More than 20 years experience training private and public organizations across Canada
- Real-world instructors with hands-on emergency management experience who are requested by our clients time and time again
- Experience training federal, provincial and local government agencies, large utility, transportation and other private organizations, and volunteer groups
- On-site training saves you time, transportation and productivity costs over sending your employees away for training
- You can choose to hold training at your location, a conference centre, a hotel meeting room, one of our campuses, or online.
We can adapt existing courses or design new courses to meet your needs. All custom courses are designed in consultation with you, the client, and in reference to any of your relevant standards.
Where We Train
Our applied and customized emergency management training and services have been delivered to all types of organizations across Canada, including:
- Federal government agencies, such as Public Safety Canada, the Provincial Health Services Authority, the RCMP and Indian and Northern Affairs Canada
- Provincial government agencies, such as the Emergency Management BC and Manitoba Health
- Large cities, such as the City of Toronto, and the City of Vancouver
- Local authorities, such as the Region of Halton and the City of Kamloops
- Regional districts, such as the York Regional District
- First Nations communities
- Police services, such as New Westminster Police and the Ontario Provincial Police
- Fire services, such as Kelowna Fire
- Ambulance services, such as the BC Ambulance Service
- Educational institutions, such as Simon Fraser University, BCIT and Vancouver Community College
- Healthcare organizations, such as Fraser Health and Vancouver Coastal Health
- Transportation organizations, such as Coast Mountain Bus and TransLink
- Utilities, such as BC Hydro and the BC Transmission Corporation
Are you seeking continuing education opportunities to maintain professional certification?
JIBC’s Emergency Management Division has been helping government agencies, private organizations and communities build strong emergency management teams and resilient communities and organizations for more than 20 years. Our emergency management training also provides Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to various professional certification programs. Click here for a list of established CEU agreements.
Last updated January 12, 2019