This information is for Prospective Students who are interested in registering for a JIBC Continuing Studies Course or applying for a JIBC Program.
JIBC generally provides two types of courses available to the general public:
- Continuing Studies Courses: Professional development and continuing education courses that do not require students to apply and be accepted into a program.
- Program Courses: Courses only available to students that have been accepted into a JIBC Program.
Both types of courses are searchable on JIBC’s online Course Catalogue.
Prospective students have various options available to search the Course Catalogue:
- Search by Keyword: Input a keyword into the Course Search field.
- Search by Subject Area: Click on the “Search by Subject” link in the Course Catalogue to browse the courses offered in a diverse range of subject areas.
Which brings you here:
- Search by Section: Click the “Sections by Subject” link in the Course Catalogue to find the next available classes of courses and where they will be held.
You can also take a look for Program and Course information from the webpages of JIBC’s Divisions and Centres. A selection of Course Calendars are available below:
- Centres for Leadership and Conflict Resolution
- Centre for Counselling and Community Safety
- Emergency Management Division
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Course
- Fire & Safety Division
- Primary Care Paramedic (PCP) Refresher Course
For an overview of JIBC courses by program area, please visit the webpages for JIBC's Schools, Divisions and Centres.
Prospective Students who are looking to register in a JIBC Continuing Studies course can do so by using the JIBC Course Catalogue.
Here is a step-by-step guide to assist in registering for your course:
- After you have searched the JIBC Course Catalogue and found the course you are interested in, click the "Register" button for the Course Section you would like to take.
- After you click the Register link, You will be directed to JIBC's WebAdvisor Service. Select the Course Section and then click "Submit."
- Next, complete the Citizenship Form. If you are a Canadian student, make sure you select Canadian/Permanent Resident in order to receive Canadian tuition rates. Once you have completed the form, click “Submit."
- Complete the “Continuing Studies Registration Form” and click "Submit."
- Complete the “Optional Information” Form and click “Submit.”
- Complete your registration by paying for your course online with the “Pay for Classes” Form and Paypal Payment Information Form.
- Following completion of your registration.
After you have completed your registration process, you will receive a confirmation of your registration via email and subsequent communications from JIBC will provide information about your course.
As of July 1, 2015, JIBC changed its course codes as part of the Institute’s migration to a new Student Information System.
If you are familiar with the old Course Code, you can look up the new Course Code using the Course Code Search:
JIBC offers a wide range of public and community safety programs that lead to academic certificates, diplomas, bachelor's degrees and graduate certificates.
Visit our Program Search Page for a comprehensive listing of JIBC Programs.
Students looking to obtain their unofficial transcripts of courses completed before April 1, 2015 are asked to complete the Help Request Form and select the "Unofficial Transcript" category.
Grades for courses completed after April 1, 2015 should be available when you log in to myJIBC, access WebAdvisor and select “Academic Profile" as shown below:
Click on "Transcript" to obtain your Unofficial Transcript:
For an Official Transcript (signed and sealed) please use the Request for Official Transcript form.
Last updated February 21, 2018