Beverley and John Carl Award
The purpose of the Beverley and John Carl Award is to provide support toward tuition fees for Primary Care Paramedic (PCP) students at JIBC. The award was established in 2014 by Beverley and John Carl in appreciation of the first responders who treated Beverley when she suffered a heart attack in 2012. Beverley passed away in February 2017, leaving a legacy of support for future generations through this award.
One award of $1,000 will be available annually.
- Be a current Primary Care Paramedic (PCP) student.
- Be a graduate of a BC secondary school.
- Be involved in school and/or community activities, especially volunteerism.
- Demonstrate competence, compassion and a commitment to providing the best patient care possible.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively.
Download an application form.
Download a reference form.
Students will be notified whether or not they have been selected 2-4 weeks after the application deadline. This notification will include information on how funds are disbursed.
Note: Failure to complete all sections of the application form may result in disqualification of your application. Any misrepresentation will result in a penalty which could include, but is not limited to, expulsion from your program, ineligibility to be considered for future awards and forfeit any outstanding awards.
Last updated September 7, 2018