Jessie Chan Memorial Award
The Jessie Chan Memorial Award was established in 2018 to support female students in the Fire Fighting Technologies Certificate program. Jessie had a passion for life and for helping others. She loved being outdoors, especially camping and hiking, and also participating in challenging races. Jessie always put the needs of others above her own and looked to bring out the best in those around her. At work, Jessie was known for her dedication and for supporting and encouraging her colleagues.
One award of $1,000 available annually
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have refugee status;
- Be a female student;
- Be enrolled in or applying to the Fire Fighting Technologies Certificate Program;
- Must demonstrate financial need not met by other available sources of funding including student loans, grants, sponsorship, work income, etc.;
- Preference will be given to applicants who have demonstrated involvement in school and/or community activities, in particular applicants who have mentored or supported the development of others. Supported by a letter of reference;
- Students are encouraged to apply for more than one award, however, selected recipients will be limited to one award allocation.
Annually there is one application deadline:
- June 30
Download an application form.
Download a referee form.
Last updated April 11, 2019