Minerva Foundation Award for Aboriginal Women
The Minerva Foundation for BC Women is a registered charitable organization with a vision of changing the face of leadership in BC. This award is a result of the generosity of the Minerva's Combining Our Strength Initiative™ in partnership with the JIBC Foundation. The JIBC Foundation provides matching funds for this award.
Two awards of $4,000 each are available annually.
- be an Aboriginal female BC resident pursuing a JIBC certificate, diploma or degree program of at least 10 credits
- demonstrate financial need
- demonstrate academic proficiency
- demonstrate community engagement
- meet at least one of the following criteria:
- a single mother advancing her education
- a mature woman returning to the workforce after a long absence
- a woman with a disability overcoming education barriers
- March 1
- June 30
We will be accepting applications for the March 1st deadline starting February 1st. We will be accepting applications for the June 30th deadline starting May 30th.
Students are requested to make application to the deadline closest to their semester of study. As an example, students who would be starting their studies in September would apply for the June 30th deadline.
Financial Aid and Awards
Justice Institute of British Columbia
715 McBride Boulevard
New Westminster, BC
Last updated November 29, 2016