Tim Jones Memorial Award
Tim Jones is recognized, both locally and nationally, for his accomplishments and outstanding contribution to public safety. Tim had over 32 years of dedicated service with the BC Ambulance service and 1,400 rescues in over 25 years with North Shore Search and Rescue. Tim believed in the value of education, demonstrating a commitment to life-long learning by taking more than 60 courses at JIBC, including several advanced training certiﬁcations with a specialization in advanced life-support paramedicine.
The purpose of the Tim Jones Memorial Award is to provide tuition support for students in the Primary Care Paramedicine (PCP) and Advanced Care Paramedicine programs.
Tim Jones Memorial Award will be one award annually of $1,000.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have refugee status
- Must be currently enrolled in Primary Care Paramedicine (PCP) or Advanced Care Paramedicine (ACP) programs at the JIBC.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
- Demonstrate financial need not met by other available sources of funding including student loans, grants, scholarship, work income, etc.
- Applicants must demonstrate (though a letter of reference) community involvement, volunteerism and service above self.
Annually there is one application deadline:
- March 1
Download an application form.
Download a referee form.
Last updated October 10, 2018