Aboriginal Education Advisory Council
We acknowledge the unceded territory of the Coast Salish people who allow us to gather in their territory.
The Council was formed in June 2002 to provide JIBC with a link to Indigenous communities in order to make recommendations and provide guidance to enhance services, improve retention and ensure the success of Indigenous learners in JIBC programs. Membership includes Elders and members of diverse Indigenous communities - professional content experts in a range of areas relevant to the JIBC mandate; Indigenous students, and alumni. Members are appointed by the President & CEO, Dr. Michel Tarko, in consultation with the Office of Indigenization and Council.
- Curtis Dick - Fire Services Officer, First Nations Emergency Services Society of British Columbia
- Dr. Tina Dion - Barrister and Solicitor, Dion Law
- Colleen Hodgson - Director of Education, Métis Nation of British Columbia
- Corp. Wenda Leask - RCMP officer, Prince Rupert Coastal Policing
- Lori Pruce - Director, Aboriginal Programs and Relationships, Corrections Branch, Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, Province of British Columbia.
- Ken Pruden - Elder in Residence, Correctional Service Canada
- Dave Seaweed - Aboriginal Student Services Coordinator, Douglas College
- Blaine Wiggins - Superintendent, BC Ambulance Service
Last updated March 15, 2019