Is this program right for you?
Instructors delivering ICBC-approved courses in the classroom or on the road must have a Graduated Licensing Program (GLP) designation on their instructor’s license. Successful completion of this training is a prerequisite for receiving this designation.
The GLP Instructor Course focuses on curriculum content and techniques for leading ICBC-approved driver education courses including:
- Developing lesson plans that include a variety of instructional strategies
- Facilitating groups of adult learners in a classroom situation, and
- Assessing student progress throughout a course.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GRADUATE
Students must attend all days of the course and successfully complete all assignments during the course. Withdrawal or absences will require that the entire course be re-taken. The course fee must be paid each time.
This course is offered in two formats:
- A five-day, weekday course (Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Friday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- A weekend course offered over two weekends (Friday, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., Saturday – Sunday, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
The schedule of upcoming course offerings is available on the GLP Instructor Training Course Page.