In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have developed a comprehensive COVID-19 Safety Plan based on guidance from the Provincial Government, Public Health Officer, and WorkSafeBC.
We believe it is essential to continue to offer first responder and community safety professional training.
Courses will be conducted online wherever possible.
For programs that require face-to-face instruction and evaluation, we are providing limited, small enrolment programming using control measures to reduce the likelihood of illness transmission. However, it is important for students, faculty and staff to know that choosing to participate in any face-to-face activity (at school, work, or socially) requires you to consider the risk to yourself and your own social circle, and to also accept a responsibility to others on our campuses.
JIBC’s first priority is the safety of all students, faculty, staff, and public.
In order to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission:
- All students, faculty, and staff are required to read and familiarize themselves with the information contained on this website and provide a confirmation of understanding.
- All students, faculty, and staff must complete a daily personal health self-assessment prior to attending a JIBC face-to-face activity or campus.
- For every planned face-to-face course or activity, JIBC will have a completed Risk Assessment and Mitigation Plan. Each program area will have specific requirements that students, faculty and staff will be expected to follow based on these assessments.
- This module will help you understand what this means for you.
* Please review all the content on the following pages. Then return to your Blackboard JIBC-001 course window Section 3 - Complete the Consent & Assumption of Risk.