9th Annual JIBC Applied Research Day
April 4, 2019 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
The 9th annual event aims to raise awareness of the important role applied research plays in scholarship, student engagement and solving real-world issues, and showcases student-led research of JIBC undergraduate students. Research and Policing: Supporting evidence-based decision making.
Keynote Speaker: Bob Downie, Chief Constable of the Saanich Police Department, Co-Chair CACP Research Foundation - Research Advisory Committee
Be curious. Learn how applied research is woven into the disciplines taught at JIBC and how it influences the on the job skills required for public safety & security careers in the real world.
Applied Research Day will Feature:
- Former BLES Student Presentation:
- Louise Lathey, Seized Animal Liaison Administrator, Prevention and Enforcement, BCSPCA
- Capstone Student Presentations
- Watch the video from the BLES students why you should attend!
- Speed Research – Faculty and Students
- Applied Research Updates
- Posters on Display in the Atrium Thursday and Friday
Last updated March 14, 2019