Former BC Lieutenant Governor Steven Point among award recipients to be honoured at JIBC Gala on December 3
Early Bird ticket pricing available until October 15
The Honourable Steven L. Point, OBC, former Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia, is among individuals and organizations to be recognized for outstanding contributions to justice, public safety, and community leadership at the 11th Justice Institute of British Columbia (JIBC) Foundation Awards for Justice and Public Safety Gala.
The Awards Gala will take place at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver on December 3, 2012. Proceeds from the event will support student scholarships, bursaries and awards; fund research opportunities; and purchase equipment and other learning tools for JIBC, Canada’s leading public safety educator.
2012 Award recipients to be honoured at the Gala include:
- Dr. Joseph H. Cohen Award
- The Honourable Steven L. Point, OBC, former Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia
- Anthony P. Pantages, QC Medal
- The Honourable Robert J. Bauman, Chief Justice, Supreme Court of British Columbia
- JIBC Foundation Community Leadership Award
- Lorne Segal
- JIBC Foundation Heroes & Rescue Award
- Shayne Bucholz and John Semple, Primary Care Paramedics
- Cyril Ozeroff, BC Corrections and Volunteer Firefighter
In addition to the award presentations, the JIBC Foundation will also honour the exceptional leadership and service of retiring JIBC president Jack McGee.
For more information, visit the Awards Gala 2012 page.
Purchase tickets now. Early Bird ticket pricing is available until October 15, 2012.
JIBC is a dynamic public post-secondary institution recognized nationally and internationally for innovative education, training, and applied research in justice and public safety. JIBC offers a range of applied and academic programs, which lead to certificates, diplomas, and degrees and span the spectrum of safety - from prevention to response and recovery.
Last updated February 14, 2013