Courses are designed for counsellors and other professionals working with clients and interested in building and refining counselling skills.
Courses open for general enrolment:
- SPECIAL EVENT: Building a Trauma Informed Organization (SEVE-1091)
- SPECIAL EVENT: Awakening the Capacity for Deep Integration Therapy (SEVE-1097)
- Clinical Supervision: Innovative Practices 1 (COUN-1012)
- Indigenous Trauma-Informed Practice (TiP) with Youth (COUN-1032)
- Introduction to Art Therapy for Counsellors & Therapists (COUN-1017)
- Mental Health on the Front Line: Awareness and Resilience (COUN-1018)
- Widening the Frame: Towards an Indigenous Violence and Trauma-Informed Practice (COUN-1155)
- A Systemic Approach to Celebrating Indigenous Families (COUN-1038)
- Trauma Informed Practice (TIP) in Addictions (COUN-1150)
- Play Therapy 1: The Therapeutic Power of Play (COUN-3140)
- Play Therapy 2: The Therapeutic Power of Play (COUN-3145)
- Play Therapy with Anxious Children: Integrating Approaches (COUN-3150)
- Understanding Substance Use (COUN-1100)
- Motivational Interviewing 1 (COUN-1125)
Courses vary in length from one to three days, and flexible course schedules allow you to take individual courses at your own pace to fit your schedule and budget.
There is no application process – register for courses as you choose, so long as you meet any prerequisite requirements.
See Programs for more course listings
Bylaw Compliance, Enforcement and Investigative Skills Courses
These courses are designed to develop the skills and knowledge required to work within British Columbia's bylaw enforcement field. Learn more about our Bylaw Compliance, Enforcement, and Investigative Skills Courses.
Innovative Strategies for K-12 Teachers
Although the courses have been developed specifically for the Commissioner for Teacher Regulation and deal with topics of interest to most teachers, they are available as part of the general course offerings at JIBC and are open to the public. Learn more about Innovative Strategies for K-12 Teachers.
Last updated April 25, 2019