In rapidly changing and complex times, leaders in all sectors need to equip themselves with new skills and training to successfully manage their teams and organization, and plan for the future.
Whether you’re an emerging leader looking for new skills and experiences to open career doors, or a seasoned manager looking for fresh perspectives and insights, the Centre for Leadership offers a variety of courses to meet your education and training needs.
Why choose courses from the Centre for Leadership?
- The Centre for Leadership offers a variety of courses in leadership, workplace training and facilitation that will meet your education and training needs.
- Our applied, experiential learning model means that you will learn practical, hands-on skills and perspectives you can use immediately.
- You can take individual courses at your own pace, or sign up for one of our certificate programs: Associate Certificate in Leadership and Conflict Resolution, Associate Certificate in Training and Facilitation and Certificate in Applied Leadership.
- You will learn from expert faculty members who combine theory with practice to deliver content applicable to your organization.
- All of our courses can be offered at your workplace on contract – contact us to find out how.
Read what others are saying about taking applied leadership training to the next level: JIBC capstone course (LEAD-1504) gives students a real-time opportunity to apply their skills. Read more here
|View our latest program guide||View our latest course dates|
Centre for Leadership Upcoming Events
Enhancing Emotional Intelligence
JIBC - New Westminster
Faculty: Rick Thomas
December 2, 2019 - December 3, 2019 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Emotional Intelligence is the capacity to recognize and effectively manage emotions in ourselves and with others. Emotional intelligence increases our capacity to make sound decisions, build mutually supportive relationships, and to handle stress effectively. In this two day experiential course, you will gain a working knowledge of Emotional Intelligence competencies and learn practical ways to enhance your self-perception, self-expression, and interpersonal, decision-making and stress management dimensions related to emotional intelligence. You will receive the results of an online assessment that will help you better understand your own strengths and areas of growth.
Rick Thomas is a leadership explorer, coach, consultant and author with over 17 years of experience as a human resources development and learning strategist, facilitator, coach and organization development consultant. He holds a doctorate in educational leadership with a focus on human resources strategy and leadership, a masters in organizational leadership and systems renewal and a masters in adult education.
Registration Deadline: November 22, 2019
Last updated November 1, 2019