In addition to online courses, EMD has a number of courses available by correspondence. To order distance learning manuals, please contact the Administrative Supervisor.
Note: The Emergency and Security Management courses are only available to students accepted in the diploma or degree programs. Please contact the Program Director for more information.
Emergency Management Courses
EMD has two types of online courses:
- In the Self-Paced courses students work independently and can complete the course and assessment at any time during the scheduled start and end dates of the course.
- The Guided format is instructor led. Students will be interacting with their instructor and classmates. This format offers students the flexibility of working at their own pace to meet the weekly course requirements. Students should be prepared to spend approximately 3.5 hours per week on each course.
Click on the course name to read the course description and to register.
- Introduction to Emergency Management (EMRG-1100) – Self-Paced
- Developing Personal Preparedness Programs (EMRG-1130) – Guided
- Planning for Community Disaster Recovery (EMRG-1132) - Guided
- Community Evacuations (EMRG-1136) - Guided
- Developing Emergency Management Plans (EMRG-1139) – Guided
- Introduction to Business Continuity Management (EMRG-1170) – Guided
- Introduction to Emergency Operations Centres (EMRG-1300) – Self-Paced
- Emergency Operations Centre - Logistics Section (EMRG-1332) – Guided
- Information Officer (EMRG-1334) – Guided
- Introduction to Emergency Social Services (EMRG-1600) – Self-Paced
- Level One Emergency Social Services (EMRG-1607) – Self-Paced
- Introduction to Reception Centres (EMRG-1610) – Self-Paced
- Introduction to Group Lodging (EMRG-1612) – Self-Paced
Last updated January 12, 2019