International Law Enforcement Studies Certificate
Expand your understanding of law enforcement and public security in Canada
Today’s law enforcement and public security environment is increasingly complex. The International Law Enforcement Studies Certificate program provides groups of students from post-secondary institutions around the world with the opportunity to gain invaluable knowledge, insights and skills in a unique study abroad opportunity in Canada.
This four-month, study abroad program for international students provides a unique and engaging opportunity to learn about the Canadian criminal justice system and compare and contrast it to the criminal justice system in your own country.
It is taught by sought-after law enforcement and public security managers and leaders in Canada. Students have the opportunity to gain:
- An in-depth knowledge of the Canadian criminal justice system
- The latest insights into law enforcement investigation skills
- The latest insights into international law enforcement cooperation
- Valuable leadership, management, communication and crisis intervention skills.
If you or your post-secondary institution is interested in providing a rewarding Canadian study abroad opportunity for your students, then this customizable certificate program is right for you.
This is a four-month, full-time program for international students consisting of five courses, including three core courses and two electives.
Courses in this program include:
- Introduction to the Canadian Criminal Justice System (GLOB-1005)
- Leadership in Law Enforcement (GLOB-1010)
- Law Enforcement Investigation Skills (GLOB-1015)
- Communication and Crisis Intervention Skills (GLOB-1020)
- Public Safety & Security Management (GLOB-1025)
- International Law Enforcement Cooperation (GLOB-1030)
This unique study abroad opportunity for international students is available on a customized basis. For more information, please contact the Office of International Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated March 26, 2019