1. The Institute’s copyright function will be located in and coordinated by the Library.
2. The Institute will establish the related institutional resources and administrative tools needed to support an effective copyright program, including a central copyright website, information circulars and guidelines, business processes and workflows, record-keeping and reporting systems, information technology systems and the means to measure and evaluate the quantity, value, and effectiveness of copyright licensing.
3. The Institute will manage an institute-wide copyright program through a copyright librarian, who will provide leadership, and coordinate and help administer the following copyright activities:
4. The Institute will encourage and promote using alternatives to reduce the reliance on copyright protected works through Library subject guides and educational sessions.5. The Institute will place ACCC Fair Dealing Guidelines posters near copiers to inform employees, students and contractors of acceptable copying practices.
6. The Institute’s Copyright Committee will address issues and practices related to use of external copyrighted material by members of the JIBC community, and to ownership of copyright (for materials produced by JIBC employees).
7. The Library will maintain all records of copyright clearances, permissions, and licenses for materials used in Institute business.
8. Ares course reserves/copyright tracking system will be used in all JIBC courses to make course readings accessible to online and face-to-face students. The Library will coordinate the use of Ares, and will provide education and guidance to employees, while monitoring all submissions for copyright compliance.
Employees and contractors:
Any deliberate breach of the JIBC Copyright Policy and Procedure may lead to disciplinary action.
Last updated August 22, 2016
General Inquiries: 604.525.5422 | Toll-free: 1.888.865.7764 | Fax: 604.528.5518 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Campus: 715 McBride Boulevard, New Westminster, BC, Canada, V3L 5T4