Sign up to receive the 10:8 Newsletter.
Most Recent Issue
- Search of Assault Suspect's Bag Related to Arrest
- Vehicle Search Remained Incident to Arrest After Its Move to Police Station
- 2016 Police Reported Crime
- Nature of Drugs Can Be Inferred from Circumstances
- Tear Gas Deployment Not a Discrete Charter 'Search'
- Demonstrating Reasonable Grounds Not the Same as Proof to Convict
- Motor Vehicle Detention Morphed into Unlawful Criminal Investigative Detention
- Arbitrary Vehicle Stop Leads to Exclusion of Drugs, Guns & Cash
- External Learning Opportunities
- The Memorial
- 2017 British Columbia Law Enforcement Memorial
- Illicit Drug Overdose Deaths on the Rise 4.0
- Trunk Search as an Incident to Investigative Detention Lawful
Unless otherwise noted all articles are authored by Mike Novakowski, MA, LLM. The articles contained herein are provided for information purposes only and are not to be construed as legal or other professional advice. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily the opinions of the Justice Institute of British Columbia.
“In Service: 10-8” welcomes your comments or contributions to this newsletter to email@example.com. If you would like to be added to our electronic distribution list, sign up using the link above.
Last updated August 30, 2017