Sign up to receive the 10:8 Newsletter.
Most Recent Issue
- Transmission Data Recorder Assistance Order Authorized Subscriber Info
- Recognition Evidence Not Inherently Unreliable Like Stranger Eyewitness Testimony
- Good Faith Favours Admission Of Drug Evidence Under s. 24(2)
- Statement Admitted Despite Serious s. 10(b) Charter Breach
- ‘Systemic’ Breaches Aggravate Seriousness Of Police Conduct
- Illicit Drug Overdose Deaths In 2018
- CI Information Sufficiently Confirmed: Warrant Valid
- Arrest To Be Assessed In ‘A Practical, Non-Technical & Common-Sense Way’
- Detention Involves ‘Significant Physical or Psychological Restraint’
- Court Split On Legality Of DNA Profile Obtained From ‘Abandoned’ Coffee Cup
- USB Search Not Related To Reason For Arrest: Charter Breach Proven
Unless otherwise noted all articles are authored by Mike Novakowski, MA, LLM. The articles contained herein are provided for information purposes only and are not to be construed as legal or other professional advice. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily the opinions of the Justice Institute of British Columbia.
“In Service: 10-8” welcomes your comments or contributions to this newsletter to email@example.com. If you would like to be added to our electronic distribution list, sign up using the link above.
Last updated February 27, 2019