Sign up to receive the 10:8 Newsletter.
Most Recent Issue
- CBSA Seizures
- Grounds Relied Upon For Arrest Not To Be Viewed In Isolation
- ‘Non-Custodial’ Interview Of Accused Already Under Arrest A ‘Legal Fiction’
- Grounds For Arrest Must Be Viewed Cumulatively Through Officer’s Experience
- Safety Search Incident To Detention Only Requires Reasonable Suspicion
- Public Safety Canada Announces ‘Memorial Grant Program’ For First Responders
- 2019 BC Law Enforcement Memorial Service
- Aggressive’ Police Conduct Amounted to Arbitrary Detention: Handgun & Drugs Excluded
- ‘Safety Search’ Of Vehicle Requires Serious Safety Concern
- General Safety Concern Insufficient to Justify s.10(b) Warning Delay
Unless otherwise noted all articles are authored by Mike Novakowski, MA, LLM. The articles contained herein are provided for information purposes only and are not to be construed as legal or other professional advice. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily the opinions of the Justice Institute of British Columbia.
“In Service: 10-8” welcomes your comments or contributions to this newsletter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to be added to our electronic distribution list, sign up using the link above.
Last updated June 26, 2019