Search & Rescue
Prepare yourself and your team with on-site Search & Rescue training from Canada's leading public safety educator.
Are you a recognized SAR team and looking for a Search & Rescue course? Or do you need a customized training session developed to meet the specific needs of your team?
The Emergency Management Division is able to provide specialized SAR courses to recognized groups. We can adapt existing SAR courses or design new courses to meet your needs.
The JIBC is also proud to partner with Emergency Management BC (EMBC), the RCMP, and the British Columbia Search and Rescue Association (BCSARA) to deliver Search & Rescue training to volunteers across British Columbia.
- To become a Search & Rescue volunteer, contact your local SAR team or visit the Emergency Management BC website.
|Incident Command System Level 100||EMRG-1200|
|Introduction to Search and Rescue in British Columbia||EMRG-1703|
|Ground Search and Rescue Skills||EMRG-1704|
|Ground Search Team Leader||EMRG-1711|
|Rope Rescue Awareness||EMRG-1735|
|Rope Rescue Technician 1||EMRG-1736|
|Organized Avalanche Response Team Members||EMRG-1751|
|Organized Avalanche Response Team Leader||EMRG-1752|
|Search and Rescue Management Level 1||EMRG-1783|
Instructions for filling out the SAR Training Application Form:
- The student or Training Officer fills out all the required fields on the fillable application form.
- The form can be saved using "SAVE AS", in order to save it on your own computer.
- Forms are printed off and signed by the Training Officer or SAR President.
- Training Officer or SAR President either faxes, or scans & emails the form to "SAR Training".
Order the SAR Manager Romer Card Today
This quick and easy reference tool provides invaluable navigational and planning tools right at your fingertips.
|click image to view larger|
- UTM romers for 1:50,000 and 1:20,000 scale maps
- Slope indicators for reading slope angle from contour line spacing for:
- 1:50,000 scale: 20m, 100' and 40m contour intervals
- 1:20,000 scale: 20m contour intervals
- Latitude/longitude scale for minutes and seconds, 1:50,000 scale maps
- Scale for 1:20,000 scale maps
- List of standardized ICS map symbols and colours for SAR
- NEW added a compass rose
- NEW added a decimal-minutes scale to the latitude/longitude scale
Last updated August 8, 2019