At the JIBC it is expected that all courses will undergo ongoing review and revision to ensure that all curriculum maintains the highest standards of quality. Process and approval for course development and change is a best practice and a quality assurance requirement. This policy is intended to ensure that steps are taken to consider the impact of proposed changes on students, other programs and the Institute, and to maximize the overall effectiveness of the program, the Institute and the sponsoring School, Division and/or program area.
This policy stipulates the approval process for all new courses being developed, and all courses undergoing change.
This policy is applicable to all instructional activity, including that activity which is not part of a program.
Related Policies and Procedures
- 3103 New Program Development and Program Change Policy
- 3103-001 New Program Development and Program Change Procedure
- 3110-001 Course Development and Change Approval Procedure
- 3110-002 Establishing Credit Value for JIBC Courses Procedure
- 3305 Program Review Policy
- 3306 Credential Nomenclature Policy
- Instructional Activity Procedure