Tax Receipts

Tax Receipts FAQs

A T2202 is a Tuition and Enrolment Certificate. It displays eligible tuition and other fees paid during a tax year and the number of months a student was enrolled in part-time and/or full-time studies.

The T4A is an official document for tax purposes. It provides the amount of funds a student has received in awards, bursaries or scholarships from January to December in any given year. 

Tax forms for the current year will be available for printing by February 29. 

To view your tax information and print your official receipt:

  1. Go to the myJIBC portal welcome page. 
  2. Log in to your self-service portal using your JIBC credentials.
  3. Select ‘Tax Information’
  4. Under Tax Year, click on 2023. If you are eligible for tax receipts in other years, you can select that year on the same page.
  5. To print the form use the print icon or the print option under "file" in your browser

All JIBC students have a student user account.

Visit myJIBC portal welcome page to recover your user ID or password.

To qualify as a full-time student, you must be enrolled in:

  •  a program that lasts at least 3 consecutive weeks 
  •  requires a minimum of 10 hours of classroom time, or work in the program, each week (not including study time) for a minimum of 40 hours per month. Instruction or work includes lectures, practical training, and laboratory work
  •  tuition and fees are more than $100

To qualify as a part-time student, you must be enrolled in a program that has:

  • at least 3 consecutive weeks
  • at least 12 hours of instruction each month
  • tuition and fees are more than $100

Note: if your tuition was paid for by a sponsor, you may not be eligible for a tax receipt.

There are a few possible explanations.

  1. One or more of the courses you took are not eligible. (The course must be equal to a certain number of credits or hours to receive a tax receipt).

  2. Not all tuition and related fees are tax-deductible. For a list of eligible charges, refer to the Canada Revenue Agency.

  3. Tuition fees for courses spanning one calendar year to the next are pro-rated to each applicable year.

If the items above do not apply to your situation and your tuition tax form still doesn't reflect the amount of tuition and fees you paid, email us.