The JIBC Student Online Orientation is your go-to resource for information on the various services and supports available to you while you are enrolled in a JIBC course or program, face-to-face, or online.
There are 5 units, each focusing on different student supports. No need to login in. Just click on the link and you’ll land on the Orientation page. You can through the online module at your own pace. Try starting with a topic that interests you and then skip around to others.
- Unit 1: Introduction to JIBC and Student Conduct and Policies
- Unit 2: Academic Supports including the Library, Writing Centre, Learning Strategies, Mental Health and Wellness and Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Unit 3: Educational Technologies including tutorials for Blackboard, Collaborate, Kaltura, Simulations and information about the Help Desk and available Tech Support
- Unit 4: Student Services such as Financial Aid, Indigenous Student Services, Registration Office and Student Learning Support and Disability Resources
- Unit 5: Student Life, focusing on the Student Union (JISU), fitness centre, bookstore, and social media
To get started, please click here