Sign up to receive the 10:8 Newsletter.
Most Recent Issue
- No Privacy Interest In Text Messages On Sex Assault Complainant’s Phone
- Searching Under Hood Of Car Proper As An Incident To Drug Arrest
- Drugs Found During First Aid Treatment Admitted Under s. 24(2) Charter
- Grounds For Arrest Based On Informer Info To Be Assessed In Totality
- Purse Search Incidental To Arrest Unreasonable: Evidence Excluded
- Officer Liable For Wrongful Arrest Despite Training To The Contrary
- ‘Step Six’ Warrant Procedure Upheld: Evidence Admissible
- Ontario’s Top Court Provides Guidance For Warrant Review
- Judge May Take Charter Breaches Into Account In Crafting Sentence
Unless otherwise noted all articles are authored by Mike Novakowski, MA, LLM. The articles contained herein are provided for information purposes only and are not to be construed as legal or other professional advice. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily the opinions of the Justice Institute of British Columbia.
“In Service: 10-8” welcomes your comments or contributions to this newsletter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to be added to our electronic distribution list, sign up using the link above.
Last updated December 20, 2019