The Sophie and Andrew Saxton, LLD Bursary provides tuition support for students in financial need who are enrolled in the Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) course at the Justice Institute of British Columbia.
Four awards of $500 each are available annually, two in March and two in June.
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or have refugee status.
- Currently enrolled in the Emergency Medical Responder (PARA-1050) course at JIBC.
- Demonstrated financial need not met by other available sources of funding including RESPs, sponsorship through Service BC or Service Canada, grants, scholarship, work income etc.
- March 1 (enrolled in PARA-1050 in January, February, and March)
- June 30 (enrolled in PARA-1050 in April, May, and June)