Funded by the BC Scholarship Society, the scholarship will contribute $5,000 per candidate towards travelling abroad for a semester to the University of Portsmouth (2 students) or South East Technological University (1 student).
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada for at least one year.
- Resident of British Columbia, defined as having a primary residence in the province for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the date of full-time enrollment in the program for which the scholarship is applied for.
- Enrolled in the Law Enforcement Studies Diploma (LESD) or Bachelor of Law Enforcement Studies (BLES) programs. Preference is given to students currently enrolled in their second year of studies (for LESD applicants only).
- Demonstrated academic excellence with a minimum B average in cumulative GPA and a minimum B average in LESD required English courses.
- Demonstrated commitment to the international learning experience.
- April 2 (by midnight) for Fall Semester 2023
- Download and complete an Application form
- Provide an unofficial transcript to show proof of academic performance.
- A written and supportive essay with a minimum 1,000 words. Must have Faculty mark-up and grade included. Paper must include a minimum of four references and be written using APA style.
- Shortlisted candidates may be required to present a formal presentation to the selection committee relating to their essay as part of the application process.
- Students will be notified whether or not they have been selected two to four weeks after the application deadline. This notification will include information on how funds are disbursed.
Failure to complete all sections of the application form may result in disqualification of your application. Any misrepresentation will result in a penalty which could include, but is not limited to, expulsion from your program, ineligibility to be considered for future awards and forfeit of any outstanding awards.