Jessie Chan had a passion for life and for helping others. She loved being outdoors, especially camping and hiking, and also participating in challenging races. Jessie always put the needs of others above her own and looked to bring out the best in those around her. At work, Jessie was known for her dedication and for supporting and encouraging her colleagues.
One award of $1,000 is available annually.
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have refugee status.
- Female student.
- Enrolled in or applying to the Fire Fighting Technologies Certificate Program.
- Demonstrated financial need not met by other available sources of funding including student loans, grants, sponsorship, work income etc.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have demonstrated involvement in school and/or community activities, in particular applicants who have mentored or supported the development of others. This must be supported by a letter of reference.
- Students are encouraged to apply for more than one award, however, selected recipients will be limited to one award allocation.
- September 30
Download and complete a referee form