Are these courses right for you?
If you or your team requires people will the knowledge and skills to effectively respond to emergencies and integrate smoothly with other responders and agencies, then these courses are for you.
Gain accredited training from Canada’s leading public safety educator.
Learn from instructors with extensive real-world, hands-on emergency management experience who are respected and sought after professionals in their field.
ICS training is appropriate for any organization or team that requires personnel to respond to an emergency event at the site level. These courses also enable site support personnel to understand and liaise with responders on location effectively. Agencies that would benefit from ICS training include:
- First responder agencies such as fire departments, police departments and emergency health services (ex. paramedic services).
- Federal, provincial and local government agencies.
- Organizations commonly involved in community response at a site level such as transportation and utility services.
- Any private or public organization requiring employees to respond to incidents at their location and liaise with first responder personnel (e.g. security personnel, emergency teams).
- Site-support personnel at Emergency Operations Centres or Department Operations Centres.
- Swiftly responding to emergencies and disasters
- Effectively liaising with outside agencies and site support levels
- Ensuring your team is appropriately trained and speaks a common language
JIBC ICS courses are available on campus or online. They can also be taken as part of the Emergency Management Certificate program, individually for personal interest, or offered on a customized contract basis hosted by an organization or team.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
JIBC emergency management training provides Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to various professional certification programs.
For regularly scheduled online and on-campus offerings, students can register directly online.
For contract or customized offerings, please contact the Emergency Management Division.
For international applicants and organizations, please contact the JIBC Office of International Affairs.
Waiving Prerequisites/Transfer Credit
JIBC can override prerequisite requirements for higher levels of ICS training or other courses with ICS prerequisites, and also offers transfer credit opportunities. For details, visit the Recognized ICS Service Providers page.