The Steven Bibby Memorial Award was established in 2020 by friends, family and colleagues to recognize the significant contributions made by Steven Aaron Bibby, Director, Security & Emergency Services for BC Housing, to public safety, both in the provision of temporary accommodation to people displaced by emergencies and in establishing a world-class post-disaster building assessment program in British Columbia. The award provides support to students enrolled in the Emergency Management Certificate, Diploma in Emergency and Security Management, and Bachelor of Emergency and Security Management Studies at the Justice Institute of British Columbia.
One award of $1,000 is available annually.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have refugee status;
- Be a resident of British Columbia.
- Open to Students Enrolled in Emergency Management Certificate, Diploma in Emergency and Security Management, or the Bachelor of Emergency and Security Management Studies.
- Demonstrated involvement in school and/or community activities, especially volunteering, in the areas of public and community safety. This must be supported by a letter of reference.
- Students must demonstrate financial need not met by other available sources of funding, including student loans, grants, sponsorship, work income, etc.
- Preference will be given to Indigenous learners.
- June 30
Download and complete an application form.
Download and complete a referee form.